ytmusicapi: Unofficial API for YouTube Music¶
The purpose of this library is to automate interactions with YouTube Music, such as retrieving your library content, managing playlists and uploading songs. To achieve this, it emulates web requests that would occur if you performed the same actions in your web browser.
This project is not supported nor endorsed by Google
- search (including all filters) and suggestions
- get artist information and releases (songs, videos, albums, singles, related artists)
- get user information (videos, playlists)
- get albums
- get song metadata
- get watch playlists (next songs when you press play/radio/shuffle in YouTube Music)
- get song lyrics
- get moods and genres playlists
- get latest charts (globally and per country)
- get library contents: playlists, songs, artists, albums and subscriptions
- add/remove library content: rate songs, albums and playlists, subscribe/unsubscribe artists
- get and modify play history
- create and delete playlists
- modify playlists: edit metadata, add/move/remove tracks
- get playlist contents
- get playlist suggestions
- upload songs and remove them again
- list uploaded songs, artists and albums
from ytmusicapi import YTMusic yt = YTMusic('oauth.json') playlistId = yt.create_playlist('test', 'test description') search_results = yt.search('Oasis Wonderwall') yt.add_playlist_items(playlistId, [search_results['videoId']])
The tests are also a great source of usage examples.
To get started, read the setup instructions.
For a complete documentation of available functions, see the Reference.
- How do I add a song, album, artist or playlist to my library?
- How can I get the radio playlist for a song, video, playlist or album?
- How can I get the shuffle playlist for a playlist or album?
- How can I get all my public playlists in a single request?
- Can I download songs?
- How do I package ytmusicapi with
- YouTube Music API Internals