ytmusicapi: Unofficial API for YouTube Music¶
The purpose of this library is to automate interactions with YouTube Music, such as retrieving your library content or creating large playlists.
This project is not supported nor endorsed by Google
- get artist information and releases (songs, videos, albums, singles)
- get albums
- search (including all filters)
- get library contents: playlists, songs, artists, albums and subscriptions
- add/remove library content: rate songs, albums and playlists, subscribe/unsubscribe artists
- create, delete, and modify playlists
- get playlist contents, add/remove tracks
- Upload songs and remove them again
- List uploaded songs, artists and albums
from ytmusicapi import YTMusic ytmusic = YTMusic('headers_auth.json') playlistId = ytmusic.create_playlist("test", "test description") search_results = ytmusic.search("Oasis Wonderwall") ytmusic.add_playlist_items(playlistId, [search_results['videoId']])
The tests are also a great source of usage examples.
For a complete documentation of available functions, refer to the Reference