ytmusicapi: Unofficial API for YouTube Music¶
The purpose of this library is to automate interactions with YouTube Music, such as retrieving your library content, managing playlists and uploading songs. To achieve this, it emulates web requests that would occur if you performed the same actions in your web browser.
This project is not supported nor endorsed by Google
- search (including all filters)
- get artist information and releases (songs, videos, albums, singles, related artists)
- get user information (videos, playlists)
- get albums
- get song metadata
- get watch playlists (playlist that appears when you press play in YouTube Music)
- get song lyrics
- get moods and genres playlists
- get latest charts (globally and per country)
- get library contents: playlists, songs, artists, albums and subscriptions
- add/remove library content: rate songs, albums and playlists, subscribe/unsubscribe artists
- create and delete playlists
- modify playlists: edit metadata, add/move/remove tracks
- get playlist contents
- Upload songs and remove them again
- List uploaded songs, artists and albums
from ytmusicapi import YTMusic ytmusic = YTMusic('headers_auth.json') playlistId = ytmusic.create_playlist('test', 'test description') search_results = ytmusic.search('Oasis Wonderwall') ytmusic.add_playlist_items(playlistId, [search_results['videoId']])
The tests are also a great source of usage examples.
To get started, read the setup instructions.
For a complete documentation of available functions, see the Reference.
- YouTube Music API Internals